info@oilfieldafricareview.com    +2347067282358

Total awards 3D Acquisition contract to Shearwater off Mauritania

Geoservices Company Shearwater GeoServices Holding AS has announced it has received an award for a large towed streamer 3D acquisition and Fast Track processing project by Total E&P Mauritania.

The exploration survey covers 6,000 sq. km in the C15 and C31 Blocks using an ultra-wide tow Flexisource configuration, the largest triple source spread to date, together with Fast Track processing enabled by Shearwater’s proprietary Reveal software.

The two-and-a-half-month survey is scheduled to commence in Q3 2020, adding to other recent activity in North West Africa for Shearwater, and will be carried out by the SW Empress (formerly “Polar Empress”).

Total which was awarded the two blocks in December 2018  is the operator of these two blocks with a 90% interest alongside the Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier (SMHPM) holding the remaining 10%. Besides blocks C15 and C31 Total has operatorship in Blocks C7, C9 and C18.

Facebooktwitterlinkedinmail
Get free monthly subscription news in oil and gas industry
*Please enter a valid email address Subscribe Me

Please wait....

Thank you for subscribing...