NIGERIAN PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
(NPDC on behalf of the OPLs 809 & 810 NNPC/NNDC Production Sharing Contract) NPDC Head Office, Ogba Road Benin City, Edo State.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (“EOI”) AS A FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL SERVICE PARTNER FOR THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF OPLs 809 and 810 ASSETS
NPDC hereby invites qualified and credible companies to express interest as
Financial and Technical services providers for the Integrated Development of OPLs
809 and 810 assets.
2.0 ASSET BACKGROUND
OPLs 809 and 810 are located within the Gongola Basin of the Upper Benue trough in the Northeastern part of the Country. The Gongola Basin is a North South trending arm of the 1000 km long Benue Trough, a major geological structure underlying a large part of Nigeria and extending about 1,000 km northeast from the Bight of Benin to Lake Chad. It is part of the broader Central African Rift System.
At the heart of the blocks is Kolmani River where exploratory activities began in the mid-90s and till date significant discoveries has been made with huge commercial quantities of oil and gas in place.
OPLs 809 and 810 are located at over 700km from the coast thus limiting the export and utilization options of the hydrocarbon resources.
A review of the strategic options for developing and commercializing the hydrocarbon resources in the fields indicate that an integrated development consisting of upstream development which feeds an onsite midstream refinery and power plant is the most optimal approach for monetizing the hydrocarbon in place.
This plan would optimize the development by reducing the cost associated with evacuation for both crude and product, pipeline protection and integrity and ancillary cost. Ultimately, the plan is to create an industrial hub that will spur national economic growth, create employment opportunities, promote social prosperity, enhance energy security, and provide optimal returns to investors.
3.0 SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work shall include the provision of funding and technical services relating to all activities to accomplish in the minimum, the following:
• Merged re-processing of about 738sqkm high resolution 3D seismic data with an expected output in both time and depth domain (PSTM/PSDM) to further high grade the perspectivity of the Kolmani Main, Kolmani South-east fields and other satellite leads/prospects area.
• Carry out further de-risking and maturation (Quantitative interpretation) of the Kolmani Main and Kolmani South-east discovery and associated leads/prospects area.
• Accelerate integrated Field studies/development Plan for Kolmani Main and
Kolmani South-east fields.
• Drilling of Exploration/Appraisal/Production oil and gas wells
• Sidetracks/completions/re-entries or other Wells
• Development of other upstream facilities
• Operation of oil and gas upstream assets.
• Establishment of gas processing facilities and power plant with a minimum of
150 MW capacity
• Operation of oil and gas midstream assets
• Construct Operate and Maintain a Condensate Refinery with minimum refining capacity of 50,000bpsd.
4.0 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
All interested Bidders (company or consortium of companies) seeking to be considered must satisfy the following eligibility and qualification criteria:
4.1 Company Legal Status and Profile
1. Evidence of company’s registration and incorporation issued by the respective governing body, certified true copies of Memorandum and Articles of the Company, particular of Directors, certified true copies of statutory documents indicating ownership structure of the company, name(s) of the major shareholders and percentage shareholding.
2. In case of a consortium/partnership, parties to the consortium must demonstrate sufficient experience to provide the requisite financial, technical, and operational capability and meet all other criteria stated herein and present notarized legal documentation showing the agreed form of partnership, and duration of the Joint Venture.
3. As stated in (2) above, all parties to a consortium MUST submit individual supporting documents as listed in this EOI tender
4. Full details of Company profile and a signed letter of application indicating interest on the company’s letterhead paper to include telephone number(s), email address(es) and company’s full address with a comprehensive company profile addressed to NPDC.
4.2 Registration Certificates
5. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act 2011 by inclusion of current copy of compliance certification from the Industrial Training Fund expiring on 31st December
2021 (where applicable).
6. Evidence of compliance with the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Act by inclusion of current copy of compliance certificate expiring on 31st December 2021 (where applicable).
7. Evidence of compliance with PENCOM Reform Act 2004 by inclusion of valid Pension clearance certificate expiring on 31st December
8. Provide evidence of valid and relevant registration certificate(s) with the
Department of Petroleum Resource (DPR). (Where applicable)
4.3 Financial Capability
Interested bidders shall also provide the following:
1. Copies of its audited accounts for four (4) previous financial years (2017,2018, 2019 and 2020) which must bear the stamp and seal of a reputable audit firm for all parties involved in the Expression of Interest, including consolidated financial statements in respect of the corporate group to which each such party belongs
2. A combined average of not less than USD$1billion turnover or the equivalent in other currencies and USD$500million networth or the equivalent in other currencies for the financial years ending: 2017, 2018,
2019, 2020 respectively for all party(ies) in the company or consortium.
3. The financial capability should include sources of funds, primary bank reference(s) (Names, phone, and contact).
4.4 Tax payment
Evidence of statutory tax payment for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020. For Nigerian companies, a certified true copy of the tax clearance issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Services
4.5 Legal Requirements
Bidders are required to submit the following information and relevant documents as part of their EOI’s:
1. List of any litigation or arbitration proceedings to which any company in the Bidder’s corporate group has been a party to during the last 5 years.
2. Details of any current Legal Dispute/ Receivership related to the business, or the Subject of any form of winding up petition or Insolvency proceedings that the company may be involved in
3. Details of any Directors, or person(s) involved in any ongoing Bankruptcy proceeding or who have been declared bankrupt and/or have made any compromises with their creditors within the last two calendar years
4. Details of convictions of any of Company Directors in any Country for any Criminal Offence Relating to Fraud or Financial Impropriety or Criminal Misrepresentation of Falsification of Acts Relating to Any Matter
4.6 Business Integrity Requirements
A prospective bidder shall make provision of sworn affidavit to support action as follows:
1. disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the NNPC, NPDC or NNDC is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
2. To allow NPDC verify all claims made in your submission.
3. To allow NPDC verify that your organization is not in receivership, nor the subject of any form of insolvency of bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of wrong up petition or proceedings
4. To confirm that the company is not a replacement for a hitherto tax defaulting company.
5. A written statement confirming that your company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for a criminal offence relating to fraud or any financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation of falsification of facts relating to any matter.
6. A written statement confirming that the firm does not have any existing loan or financial liability with a bank or other financial institution.
7. Certainty of business integrity and pre-signed undertaking to strictly comply with Nigerian Anti-Corruption laws in processing the bid and executing the contract if successful
5.0 RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Provide verifiable evidence of previous corporate experience, capabilities, and its partnering plan/Agreement in executing upstream and midstream projects.
Bidder’s experience shall include all activities to accomplish in the minimum the following:
5.1 Upstream Development
Operating oil and gas upstream assets.
The bidder must provide evidence of operating oil and gas upstream assets including the following:
1. List of Operated assets in Nigeria and Internationally with short description per asset,
2. List of Non-Operated assets in Nigeria and Internationally with short description per asset,
3. Duration (years) of operatorship/non-operatorship for each asset both in
Nigeria & internationally,
4. Oil Field Services and/or O&M activities with short description
5. Other(s), please specify with short description.
Drilling of oil and gas wells
The bidder must provide evidence of drilling oil and gas wells including the following:
1. Evidence of development/exploration/appraisal wells drilled over the past 10 years as an Operator,
2. Evidence of development/exploration/appraisal wells drilled over the past 10 years as a non-operator,
3. Evidence of development/exploration/appraisal wells drilled over the past 10 years as a Technical Services Partner.
Sidetracks/completions/re-entries or other Wells
1. Evidence of sidetracks/completions/re-entries or other wells drilled over the past 10 years as an operator.
2. Evidence of sidetracks/completions/re-entries or other wells drilled over the past 10 years as a non-operator/partner.
3. Evidence of sidetracks/completions/re-entries or other wells drilled over the past 10 years as a technical partner or service provider.
Oil and gas production
1. Evidence of net operated annual oil production for 2018, 2019 and 2020 by asset (kb/d),
2. Evidence of net non-operated annual oil production for 2018, 2019 and
2020 by asset (kb/d),
3. Evidence of net operated annual gas production for 2018, 2019 and
2020 by asset (mmscf/d),
4. Evidence of net non-operated annual gas production for 2018 to 2020 by asset (mmscf/d).
Brownfield/Mature Fields and Exploration Experience
1. Evidence of brownfield/mature assets in portfolio with short description on redevelopment activities undertaken in the last 10 years.
2. Evidence of exploration assets in portfolio with short description on exploration activities undertaken in the last 10 years.
5.2 Midstream Experience
The bidder must provide evidence of operating oil and gas midstream assets including the following:
1. Evidence of Refineries built or operated by company or partner over the past 10 years.
2. Evidence of gas processing plants built or operated by company or partner over the past 10 years.
3. Evidence of Power plants built or operated by company or partner over the past 10 years.
4. Evidence Other Midstream Projects implemented.
5. Evidence of established relationships or affiliations with specialized consultants and/or licensors of technology.
6.0 HEALTH SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT (HSE)
Bidder shall provide company’s CASHES and QA/QC policy and details of safety records for accidents, incidents, injuries, and damages for the past three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020).
7.0 NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
In compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Content Development Act, NPDC is committed to providing opportunities for indigenous capacity development and utilization. Prospective bidders must therefore comply with the NOGID Act 2010.
8.0 BID SUBMISSION: SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DOCUMENTS/CLOSING DATE
8.1 ALL BIDS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON THE NipeX TENDER PORTAL.
To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested bidders are required to submit the following mandatory details as outlined below to SCMTenders@nipex.com.ng on or before 12:00 noon, Wednesday 15th September 2021
a. Company’s name
b. Company’s full address
c. Company’s authorized contact person(s) name to include
d. Phone number
e. Company’s e-mail address
8.2 Section 8.1 (a-e) above is a mandatory requirement to register your company for participation in this tender process in the NipeX tender process portal.
8.3 All interested companies who do not provide the mandatory details as requested in Section 8.1 (a-e) above as at 12:00 noon, Wednesday 15th September 2021 will no longer have access to the NIPEX Portal.
8.4 Individual bidders would be duly notified on their registration in the NIPEX tender portal. Thereafter, the bidder would have access to make their submissions on the NipeX Tender Portal.
8.5 All documents should be submitted online through the electronic NIPEX Tender Portal on or before 12:00 Noon Tuesday 12th October 2021 to: www.nipex-ng.com.
8.6 All Expression of Interest shall be opened virtually, following the deadline for bids submission at 12:00 Noon on Tuesday 12th October,2021 using the Microsoft Teams.
8.7 In the event of any unscheduled holiday on the Bid submission date, the new deadline for submission of bids will be on the next working day. Accordingly, Expression of Interest Closing Date/time be extended to the next working day and time
9. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Bidders acknowledge and accept, with respect to this tender that:
a. NPDC will only accept documents received electronically via the designated NipeX portal. Bids received in any other form shall not be accepted.
b. Timely submission is the responsibility of the bidder.
c. At the deadline of bids submission, bidders will no longer have access on the NipeX portal to submit their bid.
d. The uploading of large electronic files may take time and as such, bidders must allow for sufficient time to fully transmit all files prior to the bid closing time.
e. All submissions must be in a readable PDF format. If the electronic files containing the tender documents are corrupted, contain a virus or are unreadable for any reason NPDC reserves the right to reject the tender documents.
f. Bidders are advised that NPDC may not discover corrupted or unreadable files submitted via the NipeX portal until after the tender submission deadline.
g. NPDC is not responsible for errors or failures in the Bidder’s own systems, and No extension of the submission deadline or time will be granted.
h. NPDC accepts no responsibility for Bidder’s misunderstanding of the
instructions or incorrect usage of the NipeX portal system.
i. All companies who have submitted their mandatory details and registered on the NipeX portal and external observers shall be invited to attend a virtual Expression of Interest opening session through Microsoft Teams to be communicated.
j. NPDC shall deal directly with only authorized officers of the interested companies and not through individuals or agents.
k. All costs incurred by your company because of this Invitation to submit Expression of Interest and any subsequent request for information shall be to your account.
l. This Invitation to Expression of Interest process and any related process neither creates any commitment by NPDC nor establishes any legal relationship.
m. All information must be provided in English Language
n. Only shortlisted companies at Expression of Interest evaluation will be contacted at a later date for submission of Request for Proposals.
This process is not for the TRANSFER, PRIVATISATION, EQUITY Assignment nor SALE OF NPDC’S ASSETS
SIGNED: NPDC MANAGEMENT
Thank you for subscribing...